If your best mate is getting married and you’ve been saddled with the slightly overwhelming prospect of coming up with the best bucks weekend of all time; don’t panic. Even the most disorganised guys can come up with a killer bucks weekend plan on a budget. There are plenty of awesome ideas out there. Start planning right now so you can give the groom the send-off he deserves.
- Get out on the open water. If your friend is a huge fishing fan, there’s no better Bucks idea than heading out on the open water for a proper adventure. Bring along all his mates and book a fishing trip with Rip Charters. You can hang out on the water, catch some massive fish, and BBQ your best catches in the evening when you get back. Don’t forget a few cans of beer and plenty of snacks to keep your energy up for a huge catch.
- Go high-class in a penthouse suite. For the groom that enjoys the finer things in life, it can’t get much better than a swanky hotel suite. Book out the penthouse in the best hotel in your area and let him lounge in the hot tub for as long as he wants. Visit some high-end cocktail bars, get out the cigars, and try to avoid any Hangover-style mishaps no matter how messy the night may get. Don’t forget – you’ll have to pay back the deposit if you trash the place.
- Take him on a pub crawl. Not every Bucks night has to be totally original. Some blokes just like to keep it simple with a good old-fashioned pub crawl. Draw up a list of all the best local pubs and challenge the group to an all-nighter.
- Get that heart rate up. If you want this Bucks trip to be truly unforgettable, you could take your friend on an adrenaline-boosting adventure like sky- diving, bungee jumping, or swimming with sharks. These activities are all way safer than they look, so the odds are pretty slim that he’ll still make it to the wedding in one piece. This idea works best for grooms who are definitely up for a good thrill.
- Gift him a life-changing driving experience. Most men love the idea of speeding around a racetrack in a genuine race car, but they rarely get a chance to make it happen outside of their imagination. Use a motor experience company and book the groom a zoom around the racetrack in his favourite fantasy car, or just hire a seriously posh luxury car for the day for him to drive.
- Book a private box. Bringing all the boys out to a rugby game is an awesome way to kick off a Bucks weekend, but it’ll feel way more special if you book a private box. Hire out the box and fill it up with all the groom’s best friends. Make sure the food and drink is flowing so everyone has a great time.
- Shoot ‘em up. For the action movie enthusiast, a trip to the shooting range is a perfect Bucks day idea. Hit a shooting range and see who has the best aim. Don’t forget to take bets before you arrive – the loser can buy the drinks afterwards.