Pearls are precious gemstones that are available in a variety of shapes and are opaque. Pearls are elegant and classy. They are often paired with other gemstones and expensive metals to produce world’s best jewellery.
Since pearls are not easily available, people have tried to make impression pearls. Although they are not genuine, they look very real. In this article, we will be talking about the various methods by which you can find out whether a pearl is genuine or not.
How to check if the pearls are fake or not?
There are many kinds of imitation pearls –
- Plastic beads
- Solid glass beads
- Hollow glass beads that contains wax
- Mother-of-pearl shell beads
If you want, to check if you have an imitation pearl or not, you need to take the following tests –
- Tooth test – when you rub the pearl against your front teeth and it feels smooth, and then it is an imitation pearl. If it feels sandy then it is a real pearl.
- Magnification test – if you magnify the pearl and it appears to be grainy, then it is an imitation pearl but if it is fine-grained then it is a real pearl.
- Heaviness test – if the pearl feels heavy then it is a real pearl, however, if it feels light then it is an imitation pearl.
- Price test – imitation pearls can be found at cheap rates whereas real pearls are more expensive.
What are chocolate coloured pearls?
Chocolate pearls are basically Tahitian pearls that are bleached. The Tahitian pearls are black in colour and are usually bleached in order to improvise their appearance.
If you wish to buy chocolate pearl jewellery, then pearlsonly.com.au is the best place to check. This is because they will provide you with the best and real chocolate pearls. They have the best jewellery collection. You can also check out the Mikimoto pearls collections on that website.