Before we get into why you should make this kind of investment, we must first talk about the idea of wear resistant steel. Here’s a basic overview of what it is and what to expect. It’s often called either a wear plate or an abrasion steel. It comes in a rolled format. It can be drilled to meet your ideal specifications. It’s often used in very harsh conditions. Why? This way the wear and tear on the surface and material is not as apparent. It’s meant to be strong enough to not break off or wear down.
The most common type of this steel is called 400 Brinell. If necessary it can go up to 500 or more. This is only when it becomes rather necessary.
WHERE IS IT USED MOST?
We have a small list of places and situations where this steel is most often used.
1) It’s used in mining.
2) It’s used for conveyor belts.
3) It’s most often used in construction and material handling.
4) Lots of plant operations use it too, so do excavation projects.
Now, let’s get into the benefits. The benefits are somewhat brief, but they do make their point.
1) One of the biggest benefits is the versatility. It can be used in almost any situation. We always talk about it being used in the harsh conditions, but it can be used in other places too. Due to the versatility of it, many use it in more simple projects. This way they save money on repairs and replacements.
2) The hardness of this steel is another main reason it’s used to so much. When we say hard, we mean it’s hard. Very few elements can break through this steel, if any at all. Due to how hard it is, it’s important you use caution with it. You have to exercise caution when forming it to your liking. The hardness can cause injuries, depending on how you handle it. The hardness is one benefit that comes with some cons. Please wear gloves when dealing this steel.
When it comes to the pricing of this steel, also called Wasatch Steel, it all depends on where you buy it. Check things out with the manufacturer first. Some places will charge a slightly higher price. This is due to the privilege of using this steel. Don’t let this distract you. Sometimes you have to pay more for the better version.